Monday, May 31, 2010

Ever Been to Moscow?

Broadcasting live from Moscow, Pennsylvania; this is your semi-weekly Lila update!

If you've never driven in a car for ten hours in a day, you probably enjoy having a license way more than I do right now. Despite thoroughly enjoying the mighty hills of Pennsylvania in the setting sun, I was pretty thrilled to arrive at George's and Pam's house, where if you ask the question "can I help you with that?", the reply is always "no, just sit and think maidenly thoughts". Such is the kindness of our hosts, whose goal in life is to cook 10X the amount of (delicious) food necessary.

Lunch was grilled portabella mushroom burgers with feta cheese on top. It was so damn awesome that I stomached a second one against my stomach's better judgment. What followed was a 3 hour food coma on the basement futon...well deserved, in my opinion. I'm now waiting while our fabulous hosts cook what will undoubtedly be a scrumptious Thai food dinner.

It's the last supper, essentially. Tomorrow begins my 9 week long dorm food diet. Hoorah!

(Pictures will come when I have my camera cord)

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. We'll feed you a few times when we are out at the Cape, Lila! So you can look forward to a break from dorm food in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! That would be fabulous and outrageously kind. It would be lovely to see ya'll as well! Familiar faces! If you haven't been to Wood's Hole, I can give you a tour. It'll take five minutes LOL.

    ReplyDelete